If you haven’t downloaded the Official Metallic Lathers Local 46 App “LONG LIVE UNION”, or friended us on Facebook, or visited our websites ML46.org and ML46Trust.org, or subscribed to 46’s Stay Connected text messaging service or subscribed to our YouTube Channel, the question I have for you is this: What the hell are you waiting for?
As you can see, we have many ways of providing Local 46 information to our members and friends. So, to help you navigate our Social Media offerings I’ve laid them out for you in an easy-to-use guide. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Our App: Local 46’s App Long Live Union was launched in November, 2015. With over 1,200 member and friends of Local 46 subscribing, our app is the best source of information for 46 members. Stop getting the wrong information about your union, our industry and our city from the guy next to you on the deck. Messages from our Business Manager and Business Agents, meeting announcements, information on our funds and scholarships, videos and articles pertaining to our livelihood, as well as few comical videos, are all a touch of a finger away.
To download our app: Search for Long Live Union at the Google Play Store for Android, Apple Store / iTunes for iPhone
2. Our Websites: ML46.org and ML46Trust.org are Local 46 websites created to help Local 46 members find information vital to our union, especially info that can help you and your family. ML46.org has various categories helpful to our membership, including the Tributes page where we honor Local 46 members that have passed away. ML46 Trust.org has links to Local 46’s healthcare provider (Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield), beneficiary cards so you can direct your funds where you choose, pension and annuity forms for retiring members and important scholarship information.
Visit our websites: www.ml46.org and www.ml46trust.org.
3. Our Platform: Stay Connected is our text messaging and email communications platform. Stay Connected is now in its fourth year with over 500 subscribers and is especially useful for those without a smartphone. The platform has the ability to instantaneously send text messages and email at the same time to subscribers.
Subscribe to Stay Connected: www.ml46platform.org
4. Our Facebook: “The Official Metallic Lathers and Reinforcing Ironworkers Local 46” Facebook page is another avenue for you to receive important information — on a timely basis. We post often and we have 329 friends with new friends added every day.
5. Our Youtube: Our newest social media addition is our YouTube Channel, “Official Metallic Lathers Local 46”. We have 38 subscribers and almost 6,000 views of our videos. If you haven’t visited our YouTube Channel please do so soon. You’re missing out on some excellent short videos — some of them fun for the whole family.
Subscribed to our YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/channel/UCYVfNtv15azAZIFTV9OdUuQ
As always, please use good judgment when deciding what to post on your own social media. The message we want to send is one of professionalism and integrity, so let’s stay away from negative and offensive posts and set a higher standard for ourselves… as we always do at Local 46!
- Posted by admin
- On July 28, 2016
- 0 Comments